Dancing Stage INTERNET R@NKING Version is also known as "DDR Version 1.5".
Konami released an upgrade to the Dancing Stage arcade cabinet known as the "Internet Ranking" version, though the name is slightly ambiguous since the machine itself does not possess the ability to connect to the internet. An interesting feature of this machine is that it contained 6 more songs than the original arcade version, as advertised by a sticker on the arcade machine's marquee. The 6 additional songs were all production's by Konami's own music composers.
The Internet Ranking version of the game added an extra option to the song selection wheel which had similar functionality to the built-in nonstop mode, except the player must play a selection of songs which have already been chosen. The selection of songs on an Internet Ranking machine changes depending on the current month.
Upon completing an Internet Ranking nonstop course, the machine would display the player's final score along with a code consisting of numbers and letters, which could be submitted to Konami's website as part of a Europe-wide ranking chart. The overall highest ranking players were awarded prizes by Konami for their achievements.
- "It's Like That" (cover of Run–D.M.C. vs. Jason Nevins)
- "Last Thing On My Mind by Step Ahead (cover of Steps)
- "Uh La La La" by Party All Night (cover of Alexia)
- The game is based on DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX with some differences such as:
- The game logo is based on DanceDanceRevolution's logo.
- The STEP BATTLE songs were not included in this version.
- The song list consists of 6 DanceDanceRevolution songs and 7 from DanceDanceRevolution 2ndMIX.
- The typos found in some banners, such as PUT YOUR FAITH IN ME (Jazz Groov), were fixed.
- Although the new licenses credit the songs' original artists, all 3 licenses are covers.
- CONFLICTING SOURCE INFO NEEDS VERIFICATION -