With no starting classes, develop your character into the ultimate fighting machine by means of in-game choices: create a unique build each time you play by finding and choosing between a large and distinctive range of unique usable items and individually upgradable weapons and armor. And although the focus in Xenomarine is on items rather than skills, there are also 70 skill levels to be learned you gain experience from combat and from randomly generated missions.
WARNING: This game is unforgivingly hard: expect to die soon and often when first starting out! Also, in the default 'roguelike' game mode, death is permanent - meaning you will have to start again from level 1. But don’t worry: each playthrough will be different because so many parts of the game are randomly generated (in a way that’s carefully fine-tuned for balance).
PLEASE NOTE that due to the limited content in the current Early Access version, the game may start to feel a little repetitive, especially after level 15 or so. There will be much more content as development proceeds, making each playthrough more and more unique.
You are a Xenomarine, stranded in a dark alien-infested space station. Your squad are all dead, and you have nothing but a crowbar, a torch running low on power and some battered armor. Death is certain, but you're sure as hell going to take as many Xenos as possible down with you before you go! And you've not forgotten the rumours that there's powerful ancient alien tech to be found...
Features Of Xenomarine Early Access
- Rich, Tactical Turn-based Combat
- infinite, randomly Generated Levels
- Atmospheric lighting and procedurally generated sound effects
- Unique useable items such as scanners, forcefields and night-vision goggles
- Over 80 increasingly dangerous alien species
- No starting class: develop your class on the fly with over 70 skill upgrades
- Multiple damage types and status effects
- Crafting (craft items from scrap and upgrade weapons and armor)
- Hack drones; deploy traps; find and use mysterious alien tech
- Random mini-quests
- Intuitive user interface, with mouse-only and keyboard-only support