Amended 15 Aug, 2013.
Collection and use of information
- Information sharing and disclosure
- Security and prevention against loss, misuse or alteration of information
- Your ability to edit and cancel your account
- Contact details
Collection and use of information
If you do not register as a Member of indienova, the information we collect from you is: We log your IP address in order to help diagnose problems with our servers, administer this Website and track usage statistics. Your IP address may vary each time you visit, or it may be the same, depending on the type of internet connection. Either way, it would be extremely difficult for us to identify you through your IP address, and we make no attempt to do so. If you reach this Website by clicking on a link or advertisement on another website, then we also log that information. All of this information is collected and used only in aggregate; that is, it entered into our database, where we can use it to generate overall reports on our visitors, but not reports about individual visitors.
If you choose to register as a Member or Subscriber of indienova, you will be able to take advantage of all of the features of this Website. indienova collects some or all of the personally identifiable information set out below when you subscribe to the indienova service register as a Member of indienova, when you access and use this Website and/or when you use indienova products and/or services. If you simply use some of our services (such as writing a review or entering a competition) we may only collect some information.
What we collect
- Full name
- Email address
- Telephone number / Mobile telephone number (optional)
- Payment Card type and expiry date
- Date of Birth
- Information about the games, and other content that you have rented, bought, streamed or downloaded
- User Material you submit (e.g., your ratings, reviews, user collections, quiz and other user submissions)
- Information you submit for your User Profile
How we use it
- To check that a payment card is valid
- To pay your account
- To send you Games or games you would like to rent you would like to download
- To recommend other games, and other content that you may like to rent, buy, stream or download
- To display your favorites list to others
- To communicate with you regarding your Membership, account or purchase of indienova products or services -related matters
- To provide you with order and billing history information
- To contact you about the products and/or services on this Website in which you have expressed an interest
- To display your User Profile to others users of this Website (in accordance with your security settings)
- To email you offers, news and information
- To send you samples of, or marketing materials relating to, third party products or services which we believe may be of interest to you. Please note that at no time is it necessary for us to provide your personally identifiable information to third parties in order to send you these materials
- To improve services and enhance personalization, we may periodically obtain information about you from other third party sources from whom we have lawfully obtained this data and add it to your registration information. Additionally, authorized indienova personnel may update your registration information to accurately reflect any new information included in any communications received from you.
If you do not want to receive emails, texts etc from us with offers, news and information, you can change your contact preferences at any in your "Account Settings" page or use the unsubscribe link in a newsletter email.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers that are protected in secure facilities including firewall protection and located in EU as well as USA.
Information sharing and disclosure
indienova is committed to protecting your personal information. We will not disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent except:
- where indienova is required by law to disclose information to third parties;
- where the disclosure is necessary for the performance of our operations (eg. mail delivery, hosting services, protecting us from fraud, and payment of your account); or
We also may share your personal information with third parties (ie agents or sub-contractors) specifically engaged by indienova to provide services to us, in which case we will require those parties to keep that information confidential and secure and to use it solely for the purpose of providing the specified services to us.
indienova also provides analyses of our customers in the aggregate to prospective partners, advertisers, distributors and other third parties. We do this so that we and our business partners can understand you better, and so we can keep bringing you first-rate services. We may also disclose, on an anonymous basis, literal statements made by our customers. At no time, however, will we disclose personal information about specific customers.
Security and prevention against loss, misuse or alteration of information
indienova has implemented technology and security features, as well as strict internal guidelines, to safeguard the privacy of your personal information from unauthorized access or improper use. We will continue to enhance our security procedures as new technology becomes available.
For transmitting your personal information to us, we use a secure server with a 256-bit SSL certificate which encrypts all of your personal information. This encryption process ensures that the information you give us is protected against unauthorized interception.
While we make every effort to ensure that your information is secure on our system, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Your indienova account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of your password used on the indienova website. We recommend that you change your password from time to time for additional security. Please advise us immediately if there is any unauthorized use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
Access authorization is granted only to key indienova staff only and to our agents or subcontractors if necessary for the performance of our operations or for them to provide services to us. Any information accessed by those agents or subcontractors is required to be kept confidential and secure and is not permitted to be used for any purpose except to provide their services to us.
Backups are run to prevent loss of information, and our Internet servers are housed in secure facilities.
Your ability to edit and cancel your account
You can access "My account" section from every page on this Website to update and correct the personal details that we gathered when you subscribed registered. You must be logged in to access this information. All information is password-protected so no one can access the information but you.
If you decide to cancel your indienova subscription, your subscription will be deactivated. However we are required to may retain your information for accounting and taxation business, operational and administrative purposes and in accordance with applicable laws.
Games and online gaming
indienova is not the manufacturer of the games available on our site and application, so users will be subject to their individual policies, which you will accept when activating and playing the individual game.
Online Tracking Technologies
Examples of online tracking technologies include:
Flash cookies. We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Our advertisers and third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies, please click here. If you disable Flash cookies, you won’t have access to many features that make your guest experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
indienova uses Online Tracking Technologies in several cases, below is an overview:
We set a cookie to keep you logged in to indienova.com, so you don’t need to login every time you visit our website, it also remembers you language selection. Please notice that if you’re logging in with Facebook, then they will also use a cookie to facilitate your login and/if you’re posting about indienova.
Depending on your interactions with indienova, we might use additional Online Tracking Technologies to facilitate and optimize your indienova experience.
Analytics and Advertising Cookies from third parties
These cookies are used by our partners to collect statistical information about our users to enhance your experience and are set in domains owned by indienova, but are shared with our partners. Partners are, but not limited to; Google Analystics, Google Adwords, online advertising networks, online retargeting networks.
Because these cookies are set directly by outside companies, indienova is unable to control these cookies or to access the information in them. You can always choose to block third-party via your browser. Blocking third-party cookies, may cause some functionality in our site may not work.
indienova contact details
(Attention: Privacy Officer)
indienova office is located at Room 1109, Building #61, Yuanyang Tiandi, Mid Rd. East 4th Ring, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China.