It's not all business
In it's current state, play a decent chunk of the story and have plenty to do.
What is Crypterion about?:
- Explore 5 planets unlocked for the business savvy
- Buy quality art pieces for your personal gallery, some made by players.
- Buy/sell goods, passengers, purchase stocks. Earn money several ways, or lose it all.
- A small mix of cards for the encounter deck. *More cards added frequently
- Run a small business and build equipment like a jukebox, phone, or dance floor.
- Attend auctions and purchase one-time items
- Go into debt and be forced to work it off... literally.
- Purchase items from planet stores
- See your wealth and power grow in the "Treasury" and "Time Room"
- Upgrade your ship and see marks of your scars and wounds
- Invest in the stock market to get really rich!
- Unlock a space station bringing with it several areas to explore
A Visual Novel / Story Based Adventure
- Meet 25+ characters including potential crew-mates and companions (will be unlocked during early access)
- Follow a story to discover powerful artifacts and the truth about an ancient civilization
- Attend several T.V. shows to become famous.
- Create relationships and friendships
- A unique card system crafts a more personalized story
[NOTICE] While the engine is complete, it is far from content complete. Many items are not yet usable and some NPC's not discoverable.
This is your story...
An ice planet called Iclantia is dying. The civilization inhabiting the planet are highly advanced, but not able to stop the coming catastrophe that will wipe out their civilization. What we know from historians is that in an effort to save their dying planet, the Iclantians created what is known as Comets.
The Iclantians crafted these time capsules of rock and ice, mixed with technology, to form pods to launch into space. Once discovered, the pods open to reveal a treasure within. They contain the heritage of their civilization: From technology, to history, toys, art, and even weapons.
Players find their place in a cluster of suns known as the Rimshot Galaxy. You start in the Remnos system which is home to a variety of alien species. The Remnos system has prospered from the discovery of the comets.
Protagonist of your own Story - Crypterion brings you into the game as it's main character. You can customize more than your hair and eye color. What are your likes and dislikes? Have you had a traumatic past experience which has shaped who you are today? NPC's will recognize these characteristics and respond to them. It's like the character creation system in Conqueror A.D. 1086. We take a streamlined approach and ask you some questions. Crypterion also keeps track of any battle scars or physical appearance changes that happen to you.
Business Simulation - Do everything you can to run or ruin your business: Trade in goods, invest in the stock market, go on T.V., participate in auctions, buy and run a small business, fill your treasury to the brim, or spend every penny (cryptos) you earn.
Story Events - Most events take place randomly though a card system. During the main story you will come across events that are more elaborate in the way they play out. NPC's will talk with you and you'll be able to build relationships. The conversations will have branches and different abilities can be gleamed from them.
Officers (Companions) -Companions are NPC's you meet under unusual circumstances that drive the story forward. It's more appropriate to call these officers companions because of the relationships you build with them. ---- Building a company takes years to accomplish and it will be nice to have someone that shares your burdens, watches your back, and grows along side you.
By learning the laws of business you can succeed. Money is everything and you'll need it to survive. Over time, you will unravel the secret and the lies behind the comets.... and maybe... you'll become an even greater power than the Iclantians. Every time you play, it's different.