About This GameDo you miss old school RPG/strategy games? If so, we invite you to Eisenwald where we carry on the proud tradition of games like Kings Bounty or Disciples 2! In Legends of Eisenwald you will encounter a unique turn-based combat system and story driven campaign set in a low fantasy medieval world.
A Story-Driven Strategic RPGPlay through the extensive main campaign, containing seven scenarios, as well as a stand-alone scenario, The Masquerade. Each scenario, or chapter in the story, will take you to a new part of Eisenwald and present new challenges to overcome. The decisions you make affect how the story plays out with several paths and endings.
Original Turn-Based BattlesThe combat system is heavily streamlined to create a dynamic form of turn-based battle that maintains all the tactical benefits of a turn-based system but a much faster pace of play that removes the frustrating moving between attacks.
Combat feels much more like an RPG than a strategy game but provides a greater degree of tactical depth and flexibility than similar games.
Low Fantasy Authentic SettingLegends of Eisenwald is set in a believable medieval land featuring supernatural elements. Rather than the high fantasy worlds of elves and dragons, Eisenwald is based on the concept of how the world would look if all the medieval superstitions turned out to be true.
You’ll encounter witchcraft, terrifying creatures and mystery on your journey but the world is driven primarily by human motivations and politics rather than mystical powers.
Highly Customisable Heroes and UnitsEnjoy deep skill-trees and multiple options for customising your character and army as you progress through the game. Choose from three distinct hero classes in the Knight, Mystic or Baroness and then equip and develop your hero and troops to your personal taste and play style.
Huge Game With More Than 30 Hours of GameplayA main campaign with seven scenarios as well as the standalone scenario of The Masquerade will be included in the game at launch and The Cursed Castle, providing more than 30 hours of gameplay and a significant amount of replay value beyond that due to the non-linear story and impact on the combat from your choice of hero class.
- RPG With Strategic Elements
- Non-linear story That Reacts to Your Choices
- Original Turn-based Combat System
- Low Fantasy, Authentic Medieval Setting
- Deep Skill Trees and Intricate Customisation Options
- Huge Variety Of Weapons and Spells
- Support for English, French and Russian language throughout, limited German support currently
Key Info on the Status of the Early Access Build vs. Final Release:
- All the core gameplay mechanics are integrated and live, although we are still working on polishing and refining these based on your feedback.
- Full English, German, French and Russian language support for all Early Access content.
- Sound effects are mostly done but will be improved more.
- No special visual effects integrated yet – final visuals will be much nicer.
- We started adding Steam achievements, six available now, more to follow soon.
- The final game will contain a campaign consisting eight scenarios including the prologue and will support English, German, French and Russian languages at launch. Maybe Spanish too.