Assault Android Cactus is a manic twin stick shooter for one to four players combining arcade style action with hordes of enemies and transforming stages.
Junior Constable Cactus is outside her pay grade when she responds to a distress call only to be left stranded on a crippled space freighter under attack by its own robot workers. But using her wits, unlimited ammunition and the fellow androids she is able to conscript along the way, she will save the ship or run down her battery trying!
- Multiple Playable Characters - Each android has a unique weapon set and play style, experiment to find which android suits you best.
- Dynamic Levels - From lights out to shifting walls to giant flamethrowers, there are surprises on board the Genki Star that will keep you on your toes.
- Overwhelming Odds - Push back against hordes of robots with quick reactions and clever weapon tactics.
- Giant Robot Bosses - Challenge the guardian of each deck as they unleash bullet hell and stage covering special attacks.
- Local Co-Op Play - Join in with two, three or four players and experience escalating chaos. Supports Keyboard/Mouse and Gamepad configurations.
Assault Android Cactus is not a finished game but it's still a lot of fun to play! Here's what's in the game right now and what's left to come :
current Early Access build
- 8 Playable characters (4 unlocked across the campaign) and game-wide local co-op
- 17 Finished stages including the first 3 Boss stages and a Sub-Boss
- 8 Whitebox levels including the 4th and 5th Boss stages (functional gameplay, unfinished graphics)
- 20 enemy types not counting Bosses, covering a vast range of behaviour
- Infinity Drive survive as long as you can against escalating waves in an adapting environment
- Daily Drive take on a new challenge every day, you only get one chance to clear it
- Boss Rush currently contains our first three bosses, fight them back to back
- Online Leaderboards for all stages and modes
- Codex, EX Options, Jukebox, Sound Test bonus modes and content
- Full Campaign - A 25 level Campaign including 5 bosses and intro/outro cutscenes
- Rewards System & Bonus Content - Art gallery and additional Codex entries and EX Options still to come
- Steam Integration - support for achievements and trading cards
- Custom Controls - remapping for control pads & Keyboard/Mouse, Steam Controller support
- Polish - more animations, finished stage art, finished enemy textures and improved effects
You can help us improve and shape these features by reporting any bugs you see or sharing your feedback, so please post your experiences and impressions on the forums!