Gates of Hell is a historical/realism action-based RTS based on the powerful GEM2 game engine by Best Way.
Gates of Hell aims to attract all fans of previous Men of War games. In addition, GoH has a much more comfortable learning curve, aiming to target newcomers to RTS games and also players from other RTS which seek a new experience. For the first time in GEM2 games, war realism lovers will also be keen to play GoH with its enhanced ballistics system, accurate historical uniforms and immersive experience.
In Gates of Hell, the player will fight throughout WW2 battles, from the sands of North Africa to the snow covered peaks of Russia. The player must use his skill plus the situation to defeat his enemy or complete mission objectives in spite of all odds that will arise. Weather the task is to snipe out an enemy officer, to destroy a tank column or fight against human rivals in the multiplayer game-modes, players must analyse the battle with their situational awareness and use the advantages of the nation they are playing, the terrain and their strategy. Whereas some players will prefer direct confrontation if they afford superior firepower, others might choose coordinated sabotage tactics. It is up to you to use historical warfare techniques to outsmart and outmanoeuvre the enemy!
Barbed Wire Studios has been closely monitoring community pledges, which were massively requested and never put into action on previous Men-of-War titles. To create an atmospheric, successful and original game to follow MoW, these features were developed around the two main pillars of the game, these being immersion and a balance between realism/action-gameplay
- Singleplayer and multiplayer support, including cooperative missions and PvP gamemodes.
- Historical battles with overhauled and optimised multiplayer: Versatile & dynamic system to allow year setting option, extensive infantry types, and new vision ranges to create historical and tactical games.
- Modular Faction/Campaign system
- Integrated Steamworks
- Includes editor for modding, mission making and sandbox gameplay
- Highly accurate human models, headgear, and weapons for an ultimate detail standard.
- Heavily revamped infantry dynamics to allow for intense infantry combat as well as offering historical tools for trench/foxhole/radio/mine building depending on infantry proficiency.
- Smart terrain, plus additional aerial and naval flight/sea models for vehicles of all sorts
- Enhanced graphics and colour palette for unparalleled atmosphere
- Astounding audio system with in depth live-recorded sounds, reverbs and echoes
- Overhauled ballistics for each individual weapon to calculate penetration & explosive values for different shell types, including composite rounds; as well as bullet drop and speed: A complete ballistics system.
- Atmospheric 3D engine with smart, optimised AI and completely animated game objects
- Full destructibility of ground layer and objects, including burning parameters for planks, flora, etc.
- Realistic damage system for human objects and damage/repair system for vehicles' components.
- Mod-friendly engine platform
- High definition scenery including accurate soldier and vehicle models, spectacular FX, and detailed landscapes
- RTS and Third person top-down (direct control) shooter interchangeable gameplay modes for any unit, including vehicles and human entities
- Fully modelled ballistics and physics, including acceleration due to gravity, bullet speeds, collision systems, penetration values for different shells, etc.
- Over 250 vehicles, more than 100 weapons and 200 human model types to play with.
- Complex AI which can assess the battle situation and unless ordered to hold ground, will advance or retreat depending on their morale